KBA.62 (Melanoma Associated Antigen) [KBA.62]
KBA.62 is a novel anti-melanoma antibody. It reacts positively against melanocytic tumors but not other tumors, thus demonstrating specificity and sensitivity. Moreover, it reacts positively against junctional nevus cells but not intradermal nevi, and against fetal melanocytes but not normal adult melanocytes. KBA.62 antibody is useful in identifying malignant melanomas. Metastatic amelanotic melanoma can often be confused with a variety of poorly differentiated carcinomas, large cell lymphomas, sarcomas, spindle cell carcinomas and various types of mesenchymal neoplasms. A keratin-negative, vimentin-rich neoplasm that immuno-reacts with antibody to S100 protein and with KBA.62 antibody is, with rare exception, a melanoma. Anti-KBA.62 is a useful additional marker for melanoma, specifically in desmoplastic/spindle cell cases and in the context of micro-metastasis in sentinel lymph node.
Product Properties & Targets
Mol. Weight of Antigen
135 and 128kDa and two weak bands of 88 and 73kDa), Multiple (140
Human KAL cells derived from lymph node metastasis of malignant melanoma
Human Gene Symbol
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Immunofluorescence (1-2ug/ml)
- Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (1-2ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT)(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- E Cohen-Knafo, T al Saati, J Aziza, E Ralfkiaer, J Selves, B Gorguet, and G Delsol. Production and characterisation of an antimelanoma monoclonal antibody KBA.62 using a new melanoma cell line reactive on paraffin wax embedded sections. J Clin Pathol. 1995; 48(9): 826-831.
- Cecile Pages et. al. KBA.62: a useful marker for primary and metastatic melanomas. Human Pathology 39(8):1136-1142; 2008.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab Purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.