Cytokeratin, Basic (Type II or HMW) [KRTH/2147R]
This antibody recognizes CK1, CK5, CK10 and CK14. In normal epithelia, it stains stratified epithelia, myoepithelial cells and basal cells in the prostate gland and bronchi. This MAb shows no reactivity with hepatocytes, pancreatic acinar cells, proximal renal tubules, or endometrial glands; there is no reactivity with cells derived from simple epithelia. Mesenchymal tumors, lymphomas, melanomas, neural tumors, and neuroendocrine tumors are negative with this antibody. It stains myoepithelial cells and has been shown to be useful in distinguishing prostate adenocarcinoma from benign prostate. This antibody has also been useful in separating benign from malignant intraductal breast proliferations.
Product Properties & Targets
Mol. Weight of Antigen
Solubilized keratin extract from human stratum corneum
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Flow Cytometry (1-2ug/million cells)
- Immunofluorescence (1-2 ug/ml)
- Western Blot (1-2ug/ml)
- Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (0.25-0.5ug/ml for 30 min at RT)(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Moinfar F et. al. Am J Surg Pathol 1999;23(9):1048-58
- Varma M et. al. Mod Pathol 1999;12(5):472-8
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab Purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.