Cytokeratin, Basic (Type II or HMW) (Epithelial Marker) [AE-3]
This MAb recognizes basic (Type II or HMW) cytokeratins, which include 67kDa (CK1); 64kDa (CK3); 59kDa (CK4); 58kDa (CK5); 56kDa (CK6); 52kDa (CK8). Twenty human keratins are resolved with two-dimensional gel electrophoresis into acidic (pI 6.0) subfamilies. The acidic keratins have molecular weights (MW) of 56.5, 55, 51, 50, 50', 48, 46, 45, and 40kDa. MAb AE3 recognizes the 65-67, 64, 59, 58, 56, and 52kDa keratins of basic subfamily. Many studies have shown the usefulness of keratins as markers in cancer research and tumor diagnosis. AE1/AE3 is a broad spectrum anti pan-keratin antibody cocktail, which differentiates epithelial tumors from non-epithelial tumors e.g. squamous vs. adenocarcinoma of the lung, liver carcinoma, breast cancer, and esophageal cancer.
Product Properties & Targets
Mol. Weight of Antigen
Human epidermal keratin
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Flow Cytometry (1-2ug/million cells)
- Immunofluorescence (1-2ug/ml)
- Western Blot (1-2ug/ml)
- Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (0.25-0.5ug/ml for 30 min at RT)(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Woodock-Mitchell J et. al. Journal of Cell Biology 1982;95:580-8.
- Tseng SCG et. al. Cell 1982; 30361.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.