Recombinant PDCD1 / PD1 / CD279 (Programmed Cell Death 1) [PDCD1/4231R]
PDCD-1 (programmed cell death-1 protein), also designated CD279, is a type I transmembrane receptor and a member of the immunoglobin gene superfamily. It is expressed on activated T-cells, B-cells, and myeloid cells. Anti-PDCD-1 is a marker of angioimmunoblastic lymphoma and suggests a unique cell of origin for this neoplasm. Unlike CD10 and BCL6, PDCD-1 is expressed by few B-cells, so anti-PDCD-1 may be a more specific and useful diagnostic marker in angioimmunoblastic lymphoma. In addition, PDCD-1 expression provides evidence that angioimmunoblastic lymphoma is a neoplasm derived from germinal center-associated T-cells.
- Inhibitory receptor on antigen activated T-cells that plays a critical role in induction and maintenance of immune tolerance to self (PubMed:21276005). Delivers inhibitory signals upon binding to ligands CD274/PDCD1L1 and CD273/PDCD1LG2 (PubMed:21276005). Following T-cell receptor (TCR) engagement, PDCD1 associates with CD3-TCR in the immunological synapse and directly inhibits T-cell activation (By similarity). Suppresses T-cell activation through the recruitment of PTPN11/SHP-2: following ligand-binding, PDCD1 is phosphorylated within the ITSM motif, leading to the recruitment of the protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPN11/SHP-2 that mediates dephosphorylation of key TCR proximal signaling molecules, such as ZAP70, PRKCQ/PKCtheta and CD247/CD3zeta (By similarity).
- The PDCD1-mediated inhibitory pathway is exploited by tumors to attenuate anti-tumor immunity and escape destruction by the immune system, thereby facilitating tumor survival (PubMed:28951311). The interaction with CD274/PDCD1L1 inhibits cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) effector function (PubMed:28951311). The blockage of the PDCD1-mediated pathway results in the reversal of the exhausted T-cell phenotype and the normalization of the anti-tumor response, providing a rationale for cancer immunotherapy (PubMed:22658127, PubMed:25034862, PubMed:25399552).
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- ELISA (For coating, order antibody without BSA)
- ,Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (1-2ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT),(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes),Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Roncador, G., et al. Expression of two markers of germinal center T cells (SAP and PD-1) in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma. Haematologica. 2007 Aug;92(8):1059-66.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab purified by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.