MEF2B (Transcriptional Activator) [PCRP-MEF2B-2F9]
The myocyte enhancer factor-2 (MEF-2) family of transcription factors associate with co-repessors or co-activators to regulate development and function of T cells, neuronal cells, and muscle cells. Four family members, termed MEF-2A, -2B, -2C, and -2D, arise from alternatively spliced transcripts. These members bind as homo- and heterodimers to the MEF-2 site in the promoter region of affected genes. Differential regulation in the expression of the four transcripts implies functional distinction for each during embryogenesis and development. The process of differentiation from mesodermal precursor cells to myoblasts has led to the discovery of a variety of tissue-specific factors that regulate muscle gene expression. The myogenic basic helix-loop-helix proteins, including MyoD, myogenin, Myf-5, and MRF4, are one class of identified factors. The MEF-2 family represents a second class of DNA binding regulatory proteins. Each of these proteins binds to the MEF-2 target DNA sequence present in the regulatory regions of many muscle-specific genes.
- Transcriptional activator which binds specifically to the MEF2 element, 5'-YTA[AT](4)TAR-3', found in numerous muscle-specific genes. Activates transcription via this element. May be involved in muscle-specific and/or growth factor-related transcription.
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Immunoprecipitation (1-2ug per 100-500ug of total protein)
- Western Blot (1-2ug/ml)
- ,Flow Cytometry (1-2ug/million cells)
- Immunofluorescence (1-2ug/ml)
- ,Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Hidaka, K., et al. 1995. The MEF2B homologue differentially expressed inmouse embryonal carcinoma cells. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 213:555-560.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8 °C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80 °C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.