The human retinoblastoma gene product appears to play an important role in the negative regulation of cell proliferation. Functional inactivation of Rb can be mediated either through mutation or as a consequence of interaction with DNA tumor virus encoded proteins. Of all the Rb associations described to date, the identification of a complex between Rb and the transcription factor E2F most directly implicates Rb in regulation of cell proliferation. E2F was originally identified through its role in transcriptional activation of the adenovirus E2 promoter. Sequences homologous to the E2F binding site have been found upstream of a number of genes that encode proteins with putative functions in the G1and S phases of the cell cycle. E2F-1 is a member of a broader family of transcriptional regulators including E2F-2, E2F-3, E2F-4, E2F-5 and E2F-6, each of which forms heterodimers with a second protein, DP-1, forming an active E2F transcriptional regulatory complex.
- Inhibitor of E2F-dependent transcription (PubMed:9689056, PubMed:9704927, PubMed:9501179). Binds DNA cooperatively with DP proteins through the E2 recognition site, 5'-TTTC[CG]CGC-3' (PubMed:9501179). Has a preference for the 5'-TTTCCCGC-3' E2F recognition site (PubMed:9501179). E2F6 lacks the transcriptional activation and pocket protein binding domains (PubMed:9704927, PubMed:9501179). Appears to regulate a subset of E2F-dependent genes whose products are required for entry into the cell cycle but not for normal cell cycle progression (PubMed:9689056, PubMed:9501179). Represses expression of some meiosis-specific genes, including SLC25A31/ANT4 (By similarity). May silence expression via the recruitment of a chromatin remodeling complex containing histone H3-K9 methyltransferase activity. Overexpression delays the exit of cells from the S-phase (PubMed:9501179).
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Flow Cytometry (1-2ug/million cells)
- Immunofluorescence (1-2ug/ml)
- ,Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Blackshaw S., et al. Nature methods 15.5 (2018 May): 330-338.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8 °C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80 °C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.