Recombinant Adipophilin / Perilipin-2 (Marker of Lipid Accumulation) [rADFP/1493]
Recognizes a protein of 48kDa, which is identified as Adipophilin. It belongs to the perilipin family, members of which coat intracellular lipid storage droplets. This protein is associated with the lipid globule surface membrane material, and maybe involved in development and maintenance of adipose tissue. However, it is not restricted to adipocytes as previously thought, but is found in a wide range of cultured cell lines, including fibroblasts, endothelial and epithelial cells, and tissues, such as lactating mammary gland, adrenal cortex, Sertoli and Leydig cells, and hepatocytes in alcoholic liver cirrhosis, suggesting that it may serve as a marker of lipid accumulation in diverse cell types and diseases.
- Structural component of lipid droplets, which is required for the formation and maintenance of lipid storage droplets.
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- ELISA (For coating, order Ab without BSA)
- Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (1-2ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT) (Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Kern, P.A., et al. 2004. Perilipin expression in human adipose tissue is elevated with obesity. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 89: 1352-1358.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab Purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.