Ksp-Cadherin (Kidney-Specific Cadherin) / CDH16 [SPM594]
This MAb recognizes a protein of 130kDa, identified as Ksp-cadherin. Cadherins form a superfamily of related glycoproteins that mediate calcium-dependent cell adhesion and transmit signals from the extracellular matrix to the cytoplasm. Cadherins have been implicated in embryogenesis, tissue morphogenesis, tissue structure maintenance, cell polarization, neoplastic invasiveness and metastasis, and membrane transport. It is suggested that Ksp-cadherin is a marker for terminal differentiation of the basolateral membranes of renal tubular epithelial cells. Within the kidney, Ksp-Cadherin is found exclusively in the basolateral membrane of renal tubular epithelial cells and collecting duct cells, and not in glomeruli, renal interstitial cells, or blood vessels.Ksp-Cadherin has been suggested to distinguish Chromophobe Renal-Cell Carcinoma from Oncocytoma.
- Cadherins are calcium-dependent cell adhesion proteins. They preferentially interact with themselves in a homophilic manner in connecting cells; cadherins may thus contribute to the sorting of heterogeneous cell types.
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Western Blot (1-2ug/ml)
- Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (1-2ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT)(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Shen, S.S., et al. 2005. Kidney-specific cadherin, a specific marker for the distal portion of the nephron and related renal neoplasms. Mod Pathol. 18: 933-40.
- Mazal, P.R., et al. 2005. Expression of kidney-specific cadherin distinguishes chromophobe renal cell carcinoma from renal oncocytoma. Hum Pathol. 36: 22-28.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab Purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.