Lewis A (Blood Group Antigen) [SPM522]
Recognizes a carbohydrate determinant of Gal 1-3(Fuc 1-4) GlcNAc which is blood group antigen Lewis A. It is present primarily on epithelial cells such as colon and kidneys. In the tumors and dedifferentiated tissues, decrease of Lewis A antigen was observed. Lewis A (type 1 chain) is expressed in colonic epithelial cells and may be useful for detection of gastrointestinal tumors, pancreatic cancer, and colorectal tumors. Blood group related antigens represent a group of carbohydrate determinants carried on both glycolipids and glycoproteins. They are usually mucin-type, and are detected on erythrocytes, certain epithelial cells, and in secretions of certain individuals. Sixteen genetically and biosynthetically distinct but inter-related specificities belong to this group of antigens, including A, B, H, Lewis A, Lewis B, Lewis X, Lewis Y, and precursor type 1 chain antigens.
Product Properties & Targets
Mol. Weight of Antigen
Mucins isolated from ovarian cyst fluid
Human Gene Symbol
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Flow Cytometry (1-2ug/million cells)
- Immunofluorescence (1-2ug/ml)
- Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (1-2ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT)(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Gastroenterology, 102 (2), 424-430 (1992).
- Blood transfusion and immunohaematology, Ph. Rouger, D Anstee and Ch. Salmon (Eds). Arnette, France 30 (5): 353-720 (1987).
- Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers Prevention 1, 199-205 (1992).
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab Purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.