p57Kip2 (Mitotic Inhibitor/Suppressor Protein) [KIP2/880]
Recognizes a protein of 57kDa, identified as p57Kip2. It shows no cross-reaction with p27Kip1. p57Kip2 is a potent tight-binding inhibitor of several G1 cyclin complexes, and is a negative regulator of cell proliferation. Anti-p57 has been used as an aide in identification of complete hydatidiform mole (CHM) (no nuclear labeling of cytotrophoblasts and stromal cells) from partial hydatidiform mole (PHM) in which both cytotrophoblasts and stromal cells stain. The histological differentiation of complete mole, partial mole, and hydropic spontaneous abortion is problematic. Most complete hydatidiform moles are diploid, whereas most partial moles are triploid. Ploidy studies will identify partial moles, but will not differentiate complete moles from non-molar gestations. Complete moles carry a high risk of persistent disease and choriocarcinoma, while partial moles have a very low risk. In normal placenta, many cytotrophoblast nuclei and stromal cells are labeled with this antibody. Similar findings apply to PHM and hydropic abortus tissues. Intervillous trophoblastic islands (IVTIs) demonstrate nuclear labeling in all three entities and serve as an internal control.
- Potent tight-binding inhibitor of several G1 cyclin/CDK complexes (cyclin E-CDK2, cyclin D2-CDK4, and cyclin A-CDK2) and, to lesser extent, of the mitotic cyclin B-CDC2. Negative regulator of cell proliferation. May play a role in maintenance of the non-proliferative state throughout life.
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Flow Cytometry (1-2ug/million cells)
- Immunofluorescence (1-2ug/ml)
- Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (0.25-0.5ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT)(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Lee, M.-H., et al. 1995. Cloning of p57, a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor with unique domain structure and tissue distribution. Genes Dev. 9: 639-649.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab Purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.