Cytokeratin 5/6/18 [SPM267]
It recognizes polypeptides of 58kDa, 56kDa, and 45kDa, identified as cytokeratin 5, 6, and 18 respectively. It shows no reaction with keratin 1, 8, or 19. This MAb shows a broad pattern of reactivity with epithelial tissues, from simple glandular epithelia to stratified squamous epithelia. Epithelial cells are labeled whether they are ectodermal, mesodermal, or endodermal in origin. This MAb is useful in detecting cells of epithelial origin in mixed tumors, in effusions, in bone marrow samples, or in tissue culture cells.
Product Properties & Targets
Mol. Weight of Antigen
Detergent-insoluble fraction of psoriatic human epidermis
Human Gene Symbol
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Flow Cytometry (1-2ug/million cells)
- Immunofluorescence (1-2ug/ml)
- Western Blot (1-2ug/ml)
- Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (1-2ug/ml for 30 min at RT)(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Lane EB, et. al. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1985, 455:241-58.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab Purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.