CELA3B / ELA3B (Pancreatic Function Marker) [CELA3B/1757]
This MAb recognizes a protein of ~30kDa, identified as CELA3B (Chymotrypsin like elastase family member 3B). Elastases form a subfamily of serine proteases that hydrolyze many proteins in addition to elastin. Humans have six elastase genes which encode the structurally similar proteins elastase 1, 2, 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B. Unlike other elastases, elastase 3B has little elastolytic activity. Like most of the human elastases, elastase 3B is secreted from the pancreas as a zymogen and, like other serine proteases such as trypsin, chymotrypsin and kallikrein; it has a digestive function in the intestine. Elastase 3B preferentially cleaves proteins after alanine residues. Elastase 3B may also function in the intestinal transport and metabolism of cholesterol. Both elastase 3A and elastase 3B have been referred to as protease E and as elastase 1, and excretion of this protein in fecal material is frequently used as a measure of pancreatic function.
Product Properties & Targets
Mol. Weight of Antigen
Recombinant fragment (around aa 82-238) of human CELA3B protein (exact sequence is proprietary)
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- ELISA (Use Ab at 2-4ug/ml for coating) (Order Ab without BSA)
- Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (1-2ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT)(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires heating tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 45 min at 95°C followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Tani, T., et al. 1988. Identification of a novel class of elastase isozyme, human pancreatic elastase III, by cDNA and genomic gene cloning. J. Biol. Chem. 263: 1231-1239.
- Shimada, S., et al. 2002. Pancreatic elastase IIIA and its variants are expressed in pancreatic carcinoma cells. Int. J. Mol. Med. 10: 599-603.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab Purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.