CD53 (TSPAN25) [63-5A3]
Recognizes a protein of 33-55kDa, identified as CD53 (Workshop V; Code CD53.1). CD53 is expressed on monocytes, and macrophages, granulocytes, dendritic cells, osteoblasts and osteoclasts, NK cells, and on T- and B-cells from every stage of differentiation but is absent from platelets, erythrocytes, and non-haemopoietic cells. CD53 is a member of a family of tetraspan transmembrane proteins, including CD9, CD37, CD63, CD81, and CD82. It associates with integrins, MHC class II molecules, and a tyrosine phosphatase and plays a role in cellular activation as part of a signal transduction complex involving other membrane glycoproteins. Defects of CD53 expression on neutrophils appear to be related with recurrent infectious diseases. Cross-linking CD53 using CD53 antibodies led to cytoplasmic calcium fluxes in B cells, monocytes, and granulocytes and activation of the monocyte oxidative burst.
Product Properties & Targets
Mol. Weight of Antigen
Human Sezary cells
Known Applications & Suggested Dilutions
- Functional Studies (Order Ab without Azide)
- Flow Cytometry (1-2ug/million cells)
- Immunofluorescence (1-2ug/ml)
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- Schlossman SF et al. eds. Leukocyte Typing V, p556-559, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1995.
- Kishimoto T et al. eds. Leukocyte Typing VI, Garland Publishing, New York, 1997.
- Knapp, W. et al., Leucocyte typing IV, p 534 and p 541. Oxford Univ. Press. 1989
- Olweus J et al. CD53, a protein with four membrane-spanning domains, mediates signal transduction in human monocytes and B cells. J Immunol 1993, 151(2):707-716.
Storage & Stability
Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
This antibody is available for research use only and is not approved for use in diagnosis.
200ug/ml of Ab Purified from Bioreactor Concentrate by Protein A/G. Prepared in 10mM PBS with 0.05% BSA & 0.05% azide. Also available WITHOUT BSA & azide at 1.0mg/ml.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond this description. Company is not liable for any personal injury or economic loss resulting from this product.